Hello, MoFos! We’ve prepared an official Vegan MoFo 2015 Media Alert for you to share, if you like. This is a way to get a quick summary of what’s in store to local and international (and internet!) press sources. Links & instructions below.
Here’s what to do:
- First things first, sign on up for VeganMoFo 2015!
- Think & go Google search: What are the local media avenues in my community (state, country, district, town, county, area, favorite blogs, online news sources, etc.)? Is there an alt weekly? Is there a monthly, city-wide cultural magazine and/or website? Where do you see local food & dining news? For example, in Portland, OR, I’d send this to Eater PDX (and there are a ton of Eater sites out there!), Willamette Week, Portland Mercury, Oregonian FoodDay, Oregon Public Broadcasting, Portland Monthly Magazine and a bunch of my favorite culinary-focused blogs. Plus, the huge local vegetarian outreach group, Northwest Veg, other vegan-friendly events that have caught my eye, and maybe, The Kitchn, Serious Eats, and so on. If you’ve been involved with media outlets/events, who are your contacts? Do you have friends that work in PR? Are they relevant and could they help get the word out? Do they like vegan cookies? Is there a VegFest? Basically, find out their contact email/fax (right?! You can totally send faxes for free online these days in case you actually want to do that). Take note that there is typically a contact specifically *for* media alerts and press releases and calendar info with the bigger outlets. Go cover your ground and spread the word!
- Edit and download a personalized or general copy of the official VeganMoFo Media Alert, as linked below.
- Save the (ideally revised) Media Alert as a PDF with a clearly marked file name, for example “Media Advisory: VeganMo, The Vegan Month of Food Writing Returns September 2015″
- Next, copy/paste the Media Alert content into the actual email message from title down. I like to do this, it doubles your chances of being read. At the top, if I know who it’s going to well, I’ll often include a little note in a different font and color and sign it, like “Hey Darleen, I’d love for you to take a look at this news! I’ve got a whole month of xxx in store and daily updates! Let me know if you would like more information or photos for a story” (or something a little less lame then that, but I hope you get the point).
- Make sure you’ve attached a copy of the Media Alert PDF (or Word Doc or whatever you prefer) to the email itself.
- Press send and let that baby fly, preferably one at a time, but one big blind BCC can do in a pinch (sorry, old college marketing professors, it’s 2015 and I’m busy!)
And here’s how to do it! There are two versions of our shiny, official Media Alert all ready to go below:
OPTION 1) We’ve got the official Media Alert ready to be personalized right this way and copied below. It is super important to make sure you personalize the red area!
OPTION 2) Here’s a straightforward Media Alert to share as is.
Go, go MoFo!
MEDIA ALERT ?? MEDIA ALERT ?? MEDIA ALERT
Ninth Annual Vegan Month of Food aka “VeganMoFo” returns September 2015
The ninth Annual Vegan Month of Food (aka “VeganMoFo”) returns for another month-long culinary affair, encouraging daily posts beginning September 1, 2015, and bigger + brighter engagements via Instagram updates and daily creative prompts at VeganMoFo HQ (veganmofo.com).
This worldwide event features participants hailing from over 22 countries, who pledge to post about vegan food on a near daily basis throughout the entire month of September. VeganMoFo’s evolution has seen it expand beyond the realm of blogs to encompass all social media platforms: Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, and beyond. These food writers ,professional and home cooks will write about what they eat and what they cook, all with the intention of showcasing the wide and delicious world of vegan food.
[YOUR NAME] OF [YOUR BLOG/SITE/HANDLE] IS A [LOCATION]-BASED BLOGGER/WRITER/AUTHOR/WHATEVER JOINING IN FOR THEIR [HOW MANY YEARS?] VEGANMOFO, AND FOCUSING ON [NAME PROJECTS, PLANS, PROPOSED UPDATES].
WHEN + WHERE
This internet-based September 1-30, 2015, across hundreds of blogs and social media accounts around the globe.
Weekly blog and Instagram roundups will be be housed at VeganMoFo International HQ (veganmofo.com) and updated on the official Instagram, @veganmofo. The official website also offers writing guides and post ideas, an RSS feed, blogs by category, an F.A.Q., sign up and 2015 badges.
FOLLOW ALONG // HASHTAGS: #VEGANMOFO + #VGNMF15
ABOUT VEGAN MOFO!
VeganMoFo is a grassroots event that evolved from an international community of vegans who love to cook, and are passionate about sharing their love of vegan food with the rest of the world. The idea was first created by famed vegan chef, cookbook author and Modern Love chef/owner Isa Chandra Moskowitz of The Post Punk Kitchen (theppk.com).
Representatives of VeganMoFo HQ are available for more information about VeganMoFo, recipes, photographs, and interview requests.